Kāʻanapali Beach (Kaanapali Beach )
If you are a beach connoisseur, then Kāʻanapali Beach on Maui’s west coast is definitely one for your bucket list. Dubbed “Black Rock” Beach locally, this stunning three mile stretch of golden-white sand and alluring, azure water is within walking distance of several large resorts, tempting restaurants and many other local attractions.
No surprise then that this beautiful Hawaiian beach has received many international accolades, including America’s Best Beach award. Among its many appealing characteristics, you can opt to snorkel in the clear water - try to spot the majestic sea turtles gliding along with other abundant marine life.
For the adrenalin seeker, diving off Black Rock can be an exhilarating experience. As with any leap into the unknown, only dive or jump where you have seen others do so before you - some areas are shallower than others.
Other more sedate activities include choosing a spot that takes your fancy along the 3-mile shoreline, and then taking off on one of the scenic walks available. These memories are going to remain indelibly etched in your mind for years to come.
Kāʻanapali Beach - Main Features:
* Even when it is seemingly crowded, Kāʻanapali Beach is big enough to find your space in the sun
* Conditions are typically calm along the beach, although strong currents can occur
* Parking is available in paid lots - free parking near blue Shoreline Access sign
* Swim sensibly as there are no dedicated lifeguards on Kāʻanapali Beach
* Good shopping and lovely restaurants in the vicinity
* Public restroom facilities in nearby Whalers Village
* Exciting cliff diving entertainment at night
* Great place for stunning sunsets
* Whale watching in season
Are you ready to book your flight and pack? You will find many resort and hotel accommodation options right at the beachfront.
Submit a correction
More Hawaii beaches in USA
Current weather (Mon Apr 6th 07:00)
23°C / 73°F